"Luck and Lotus"
Yes they are beautiful... but its more than that. Because of their strength and determination to overcome obstacles, the image of koi fish has stood for courage and the ability to attain high goals. In some cultures they represent good fortune and luck. When I started creating my composition, I decided to group them in numbers of eight... not only because is it my lucky number, but its regarded in Chinese culture as a very prosperous number as well. The rectangular area where the fish are has been varnished with a high gloss varnish - that makes it look wet. The lotus border around the koi was created using hand-made stencils and I have left the organic grain of the wood to show through. Although there is a lot of life and movement in this piece it is VERY ...zen.
- Dimensions: 48"x60"x1"
- Acrylic on cradle wood panel
- Painted sides - so its ready to hang (no framing required)
- Sealed with UV protectant varnish - I strive for great quality in materials and finish, using professional grade artist paints and surfaces.
- Price includes S&H anywhere in North America.
- Please note every effort has been made to accurately represent the actual artwork but colors may vary slightly due to different computer monitors and settings.
- If an image speaks to you, consider commissioning a new piece of a similar theme, treatment or subject.